Lauren - fashionista

Lauren - fashionista

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Find the rewards in small bits



Hectic weekend. It's a long story. The more I try to make sure others are having a good time, the worse things go for me. So, I'm printing the pictures of the fun things about the weekend, and passing them on to the ones who enjoyed it.

Pictures are some of my therapy. A little wine would make it better. I say that but I haven't had a drink in about a year, when my sister came to help me clean the house. She has the energy that I can't find anymore. Which is why I can't drink much-I'll fall asleep. Then Mommy will wake up to Lord knows what mess that can only be created by a 2 and 3 year old team.

All I know is a festival, a late night, and 2 small children don't mix well. The fireworks topped it off. I can't predict things and I only had the best of intentions. We didn't HAVE to go anywhere. But we tried to go out like a normal family. That's a good one. Normal.

My husband and I are in law enforcement. Our schedules and our family is not normal. Weekends off together have just begun and it's weird to say the least, to be able to plan to go to events on the "normal" weekend.

We've done more things and gone more places this weekend than the last 6 months combined. Maybe we should try baby steps. There are too many factors that can alter the way the ship is sailing, i.e. the 2 yr old's nap time. DON'T mess with that!

Enough said. Going to get the pictures to Ashton. He loved the Roundup. Glad I said yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment