Lauren - fashionista

Lauren - fashionista

Friday, August 24, 2012

The drive thru

I move that if you work in a drive thru at a fast food restaurant, you must first have children. Today, my day OFF of WORK, I put my 4 yr old on the bus, kept my 3 yr old occupied while I took a quick (academy efficient) shower, took the 3 yr old to the 4 yr old's preschool (the 3 yr old goes there on opposite days), took both kids to 4 yr old's doctor appointment for some minor skin irritations, ran to shoe store with both kids (happy happy joy joy), purchased 2 pairs of shoes for said kids, ran over to McDonald's drive thru/through (I am aware of the correct spelling), administered both happy meals to the kids from the driver's seat (a stash of ketchup & straws in the glove box ensures that they will actually give you some) and no, no, that's o.k., we CAN get by with only 2 napkins only because I HAVE A STASH ABOVE THE VISOR, celebrate the fact that they now have Power Ranger happy meal toys, which pleases both kids as we are now in the PR mode, take 4 yr old back to school, pick up lunch for hubby, take 2 yr old home for a nap, check on the husband who has rented a lift to fix the roof peak from the Storm of June '12 and trim some damaged trees, rock the 3 yr old to sleep, try not to fall asleep myself, lay the 3 yr old down, wait on bus to drop off 4 yr old, run up town to pay a bill, check mail, & get Gatorade for hubby because I am nice and it's 90 degrees out, 3 yr old is awake, TRY to help hubby with branches & wood that has now covered half our yard, take care of various needs & referee issues between 3 & 4 yr old, discover that 3 yr old's leg is swelling from a bug bite, decide to get neighbor/friend/babysitter's opinion (she's an EMT), realize that she is having her jewelry party TONIGHT instead of tomorrow, make some quick bids, decide to take 3 yr old to Urgent Care, load up both kids, trek 25 miles, arrive at UC 5 minutes before they close, but they are gracious enough to whisk us in & look at 3 yr old's leg, try to talk to doctor/NP(I think he was an NP) while both kids are asking me questions, give them my phone to take turns playing games, get a script for antibiotics, load kids (well, CARRY the 3 yr old out because he is now throwing a fit about one of the games), head for McDonald's again, realize that the local pharmacy is open & maybe I should get him started on the medicine tonight if at all possible, get script filled after a Who's on First exchange with the nice pharmacist, go to McDonald's, tell the kids, Oh Look, they have Power Rangers, too! but they get Spongebob instead because, when I asked about it, the kid at the window said they have to wait on an e-mail so why are we advertising PR at the window???, administer the meals (rip off ranch dip foil-always messy, straws in drink, open up toys-explain that they are getting a Spongebob toy instead of the anticipated Power Ranger as advertised, and hey, my kids are a little spoiled but not too bad, but would it kill ya to deliver the goods?, put previously stashed ketchup in cups absconded from another visit, text the hubby that we are finally headed home, let kids share phone since I downloaded a new app while in pharmacy drive thru, to keep them occupied, and that's o.k. again, we don't need ANY NAPKINS because my 3 & 4 yr old are the cleanest kids in the WORLD (stash above visor now depleted, thank you very much), drive 25 miles home in DARK (but with 1 interior light on so kids can see to finish eating), arrive with full & happy kids in driveway, unload van (trash, drinks, medicine to go into refrigerator (did I do that? be right back.....yes, one of us put it away, oh, got to feed the cats, geesh the back yard looks like a storm hit it again), tell the hubby that the kids are all his the rest of the night, grab a Hershey bar & my coke from McDonald's and head for this blog. Holy cow. Where's the Tylenol!

1 comment: